Anyone else loving this colder weather?? This below 50 degree weather calls for comfort food in my house! I absolutely love the cold weather and nothing sounds better to me than cozying up on the couch, watching the Beverly Housewives with a delicious bowl of pasta if I’m being real! LOL If you like a rich and creamy pink sauce and ricotta cheese, you’ll love this!!!
This recipe is super easy, quick and can feed at least 5-6 people or leave you with plenty of left overs. This also would make a perfect date-night-in-dinner with some fresh garlic bread to go along! I nearly ate half of the garlic bread before taking the pasta out of the oven – it was that good, if I do say so myself! Check below for both of these must try recipes! Bon Appetite!
Bow Tie Ricotta Cheese Pasta Bake
1 onion finely chopped
4 carrots grated
4 celery stocks finely chopped
4 gloved of minced garlic
1/2 cups of cherry tomatoes chopped
1 bag of bow tie pasta
2 26oz cans of Tomato Basil Marinara sauce (Trader Joes)
1 cup of fresh basil
1 cup of milk
1 15oz ricotta cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 350. Sauté with 2 Tbsp olive oil, onions, carrots, celery, & garlic for 20 min on low. Once everything is softened, add tomatoes and cook for another 2-3 minutes. Turn heat up to a medium flame, then add tomato sauce & fresh basil. Let this simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Add 1/2 container of ricotta cheese to the tomato sauce, then add 1 cup of milk. Stir and simmer on medium-low flame for 20-30 minute.
- Cook bow tie pasta. Once drained, rinse noodles with cold water. Then mix the sauce and pasta sauce together. Pour into a baking dish. Place the remaining ricotta cheese and more fresh basil on top of the pasta. Place in the oven at 350 for 25-30 minutes. Enjoy!
1 ready to bake baguette
1/2 stick of softened butter
1 tsp of chopped fresh basil
4 garlic cloves, minced
sprinkle paprika, garlic salt, pepper
- Cut the baguette as desired. Mix butter, fresh garlic, & fresh basil. Spread on top inside of baguette.
- Sprinkle with paprika, garlic salt & pepper. Drizzle with olive oil if desired.
- Bake at 350 for 15-20 minute until golden.