Happy Valentine’s Day Eve, friends! I’ve been wanting to try out this Skinny Taste recipe for an Everything Bagel which I found awhile back! I tried them out this morning and I think I might be obsessed now! I thought it would be super cute to make them into a heart shape! I’l be sharing these with Justin & my roommates for a fun Valentine’s Day breakfast.
I tweaked a few things in the recipe which I’ll share below. I’m also linking the Skinny Taste link, which is where I found the original recipe. Skinny Taste is one of my favorite Instagram/food recipe blogs to follow; she’s so creative and shares healthy, easy and affordable recipes to follow.
- 1 cup (5 oz) unbleached all purpose flour, whole wheat or gluten-free mix
- 2 teaspoons baking powder (make sure it’s not expired or it won’t rise)
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt (use less if using table salt)
- 1 cup non-fat Greek yogurt (not regular yogurt, it will be too sticky)
- 1 egg white, beaten (whole egg works fine, too)
- Everything but the Bagel Sesame Seasoning Blend & Onion Salt (Trader Joe’s)
- Optional toppings: Everything Bagel seasoning, sesame seeds, poppy seeds, dried garlic flakes, dried onion flakes
- Preheat oven to 375F. Place parchment paper or a silpat on a baking sheet. If using parchment paper, spray with oil to avoid sticking.
- In a medium bowl combine the flour, baking powder and salt and whisk well. Add the yogurt and mix with a fork or spatula until well combined, it will look like small crumbles.
- Lightly dust flour on a work surface and remove dough from the bowl, knead the dough a few times until dough is tacky, but not sticky, about 15 turns (it should not leave dough on your hand when you pull away).
- Roll into one long log. Divide log into four thick ropes. Fold into hear shape by curving each end together. I used my hands to create the heart shape from there.
- Top with egg wash and sprinkle both sides with Everything Seasoning & Onion Salt (both found at Trader Joe’s). Bake on the top rack of the oven for 25 minutes. Let cool at least 10 minutes before cutting.
Read more/Skinny Taste Original Recipe https://www.skinnytaste.com/easy-bagel-recipe/