It’s baking season in my house! I love love love anything sweet and since making an effort to steer away from processed sugar, I’ve found this to be a great alternative to any pumpkin spice pastry you may have your eye on this season.
If you’re a pumpkin pie lover then this is for you! This is a perfect breakfast or Thanksgiving morning appetizer while cooking your big meal. I used only agave syrup for sweetener and it was so delicious, I decided to share this easy recipe with you all!
Pumpkin Spice Pastry
1 package of crescent roll (trader joes)
1/2 cup pumpkin puree (trader joes)
Sprinkle of cinnamon, cloves, pumpkin spice, nutmeg, & pumpkin spice to taste. (less than 1/4 of a tsp)
1 TBSP of agave syrup
1 beaten egg
1. Roll out crescent roll. You want to split this into two squares. Smooth out and roll out with a roller.
2. In a bowl, mix pumpkin puree, spices, agave syrup and set aside.
3. You want to make sure the squares are rolled out smoothly. Once this is done, place half the pumpkin mixture in each square.
4. Gently fold in the edges of the pastry, leaving part of the pumpkin mixture open.
5. Brush the top of the pastry with beaten eggs, place on a greased non-stick cookie sheet.
6. Bake at 350 for 15 min.