I tried this soup at Zinque, a restaurant in Newport Beach, CA & not only was it an adorable waterfront restaurant, but I discovered a new found love for Green Curry, Broccoli & Spinach Soup. If you read my “Tips on Balancing a Healthy & Active Lifestyle”, this totally checks off my goal of 1 handful of golden greens!! Plus, it tastes amazing!!! If you like a lot of spice, greens and curry then you’ll love this! I tried my best to replicate it taste comparable so I had to share it with you. Trader Joe’s is usually my go to spot for organic veggies, I feel they have excellent produce, affordable pricing and a lot of their stuff is pre-cut! I found the green curry paste at 99 Ranch Market in Irvine but any Asian market near by will have this.
1 bag of organic broccoli
1 bag of organic spinach
2 whole organic trimmed leeks
4 tbs of organic cilantro
1 small curry paste
1 Tbsp of coconut oil
1 32oz carton of organic chicken broth
1 can of coconut milk
1 1/2 Tbsp of curry powder
2 Tbsp of cumin
1/4 tsp sriracha
2 Tbsp of garlic salt
pepper to taste
- In a large pot, bring water to a boil. Steam broccoli for 10 minutes, then set aside.
- In a separate pan sauté leeks in coconut oil on low for about 7 minutes.
- Trim cilantro (about half) and add to the leeks. Continue to sauté for another 4-5 minutes.
- In the large pot boil the spinach for about 1 minute and set aside.
- Pour out hot water & combine everything into large pot. Add chicken broth and coconut milk.
- Stir everyhting for about 5-10 minutes on low. Add spices.
- Set aside and let soup cool for at least 10 minutes.
- Pour everything into blender and puree until creamy.
- Return to soup pot and enjoy!
I served this over chicken and white rice.